6 Benefits of Cheek-bone Enhancement
24th August 2017
Having good bone structure is a huge determining factor in how well someone is going to age. Cheekbones are like scaffolding for the face. They help preserve the mid-face and also play a role in how the lower part of the face looks.
Treating the mid face with cheek bone filler has many benefits:
- It can help improve the tear trough through its lifting effect. The tear trough is the hollow which develops under the eye area. This can be made worse with loss of volume in the medial cheek fat pad as there is no longer any support. By injecting dermal filler along the cheek bone and into the medial cheek fat pad there is immediate improvement in how this area looks.
- Helps to restore the beauty point of the face thereby making someone appear more attractive. The beauty point is the highest point on the cheekbone where the light hits. Our brains subconsciously relate this feature to a more youthful and attractive face.
- Softens/treats the naso-labial fold. This is the line that runs from the nose to mouth and as the cheek is lifted this also improves.
- Improves the marionette lines. These are the lines that develop from the corner of the mouth downwards and improve due to the lifting effect from the cheek.
- Can also improve the appearance of jowls through the lifting effect for a more defined jawline.
- Contouring with make-up just got a whole lot easier!
As always, the aim is to provide natural-looking results. You still look like you and not like someone who has obviously had filler. You may have seen pictures of celebrities with over-filled ‘pillow’ faces and this is the opposite of what should and can be achieved. In the right hands a cheek enhancement with dermal filler can give you stunning results.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CONSULTATION?
Your facial aesthetic queries and aims are discussed and treatment options provided after assessment of your facial shape including the amount of volume loss and through assessment of your face in motion eg. when smiling. The type of filler and amount of filler required is also discussed in the initial appointment. Younger clients may only require 1ml in total whereas other may need 1ml per cheek.
CAN MEN HAVE FILLER IN THEIR CHEEKS?
Yes. Men also can benefit from cheek enhancement; the location of the filler does differ from women and it is important you see someone who appreciates this.
WHICH FILLERS ARE USED?
I use the Juvederm range of hyaluronic acid fillers. These are reversible and can be used to provide structure to the face. One of my favourite fillers for cheeks is called Voluma. This provides fantastic structure yet also feels incredibly natural.
HOW LONG DO FILLERS LAST?
The standard Juvederm range lasts 6-9months and the longer lasting range lasts 12-18 months.
IS IT PAINFUL?
This is not a painful procedure. I apply numbing cream for at least 15 minutes prior to the procedure and this helps significantly but the cheeks are not a particularly sensitive area. The filler itself also contains a local anaesthetic called lidocaine and the vast majority of people tolerate the procedure very well.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CHEEK FILLER?
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- If you already have strong facial bone structure and having filler would make you look ‘done’. In such cases where there are signs of volume loss in the lower face a direct approach here is better.
WHAT IS THE COST?
Treatment with 1ml of hyaluronic acid filler from the standard range and premium longer-lasting range cost £280 and £395 respectively.
To book a consultation or if you have any questions please call 020 3633 4908, email firstname.lastname@example.org or DM @drsabba